Benefits of Attending
Is your organization prepared to meet its new eDiscovery obligations?
In today’s legal environment, companies are plagued by compliance legislation, and regulations that require the retention and protection of company records - none more so than organizations in the heavily regulated Financial Service Industry. The evolution of a borderless world economy has made commercial litigation increasingly complex and high-risk. Financial institutions now face unprecedented legal challenges, where they can be hauled into almost any court, at any time.
Recent surveys show, contradictory to common belief, poor records management, poor litigation holds procedures and lacking email retention strategies in place within the financial service industry.
It is widely accepted that every major corporation needs a record retention strategy in place and given the rapid increase in importance of electronic evidence, it’s imperative to stay up-to-date with the latest strategic trends and new directions for electronic discovery.
IQPC’s eDiscovery for Financial Services conference offers best practices for putting in place policies, procedures and technology that aid in records management, production of data and the review process. All so that you are prepared next time you get involved in costly e-discovery requests.
Highlights of this comprehensive program include:
- Best Practices for Lowering Costs from leading Banks and Finance Companies – that have actually worked!
- Building Teams that successfully incorporate IT, Legal and Records Management
- Mastering the intersection of Law and Technology
- Best Practices for Managing the High Volume of Data
- Building the Right Team to handle Complex Problems
- Best Practices for Managing the Review Process
- How to Manage Specific Data Authentication Issues
- Methods for Addressing Financial Transactions involving Sensitive and Non-Public Information
- Updates on Global E-Discovery and Cross-Border Issues
Our Panel Discussions will be addressed by CIO’s, IT Security, In-House Counsel and Records Managers. This complete overview of the entire eDiscovery process will provide insights from every angle - so make sure you bring your entire team!
Who will you meet and who is speaking?
Government and Regulatory Representatives:
- UK Honour Judge Simon Brown QC, Specialist Mercantile Judge, Birmingham Civil Justice Centre, United Kingdom
- Honorable Andrew J. Peck, Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge, Southern District of New York
- Honorable John J. Hughes, U.S. Magistrate Judge, District of New Jersey
- Linda Riefberg, Vice President in Enforcement, FINRA
- Scott A. Scheele, Assistant Chief Networks & Technology Section, Antitrust Division, United States Department of Justice
- John H. Walsh, Associate Director, Chief Counsel Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations, United States Securities And Exchange Commission
Corporate Representatives and eDiscovery Experts:
- Regan Adams, Vice President & Assistant General Counsel, Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Lauren Barnes, VP of Electronic Records Management, Lehman Brothers
- Gregory Witczak, Director of eDiscovery, Lehman Brothers
- Jairo A. Orea, Information Security Officer, Head of Enterprise Information Integration, ING Insurance Americas
- Carlos Ricca, Senior VP, Managing Attorney, Senior Litigation Counsel, Wachovia Securities, LLC
- Patrick J Burke, Assistant General Counsel, Guidance Software, Inc.
- Courtney Ingraffia Barton, Esq., Vice President, Industry Relations, LexisNexis Applied Discovery
- Steven E. Cole, Esq., Electronic Discovery Specialist, Northeast, LexisNexis Applied Discovery
- James K. Wagner, CEO & Co-Founder, DiscoverReady LLC
- George T. Tziahanas, Vice President, Solutions, Orchestria
- Denise Bedford, Faculty, IAKM, Kent State University; Senior Information Officer, World Bank
- Frank Hydoski, National Leader, Analytic & Forensic Technology Services, Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
- Craig Carpenter, Vice President eDiscovery Solutions and General Counsel, Recommind
- Daniel Garrie, Principal, CRA International
- Mark V. Reichenbach, Vice President, Client & Industry Relations, MetaLINCS
- Deborah Baron, Director, Electronic Discovery, ZANTAZ, an Autonomy Company
- Jeffrey Plotkin, Partner, Day Pitney LLP
- Melissa Klipp, Partner, Drinker, Biddle & Reath LLP
- Martin T. Tully, Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Paul Doyle, Vice President and Co-Founder, Information Assurance Consortium
- Don Blumenthal, Former Director, FTC Internet Lab Investigations Center
- Jeremy Wunsch, CEO and Director of Data Forensics, LuciData, Inc.
- Eric Yeich, Principal, Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Allison L. Brecher, Litigation Counsel and eDiscovery Coordinator, Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Annette (Toni) Tomarazzo, Assistant General Counsel, Regulatory Affairs, UBS Financial Services, Inc.
- Nikki E. Procopio, Senior Regional Compliance Advisor, Deutsche Bank Americas
- John M. Hodgens, Jr., Esq., AVP & Senior Counsel Global Compliance, Manulife Financial/John Hancock Financial
- Frank Wilkinson, Master Architect HP Software, Hewlett Packard
- Dana Lesemann, Managing Director and Deputy General Counsel, Stroz Friedberg, LLC
- John Curran, Executive Managing Director and Deputy General Counsel, Stroz Friedberg, LLC
- Pete Pepiton, Esq., Discovery Product Manager, CA
- Chris Kruse, Founder, Chairman, Case Central
- Gijo Mathew, Vice President Solutions, Orchestria
- Michael R. Mendola, Senior Counsel, Office of General Counsel, HSBC Bank USA
- Andrew Drake, Esq., Senior Counsel, Discovery Management, Nationwide
- Hope Haslam, Director, Consulting, Epiq Systems, Inc.
We Would Like To Thank Our Advisory Board:
Allison L. Brecher
Litigation Counsel and eDiscovery Coordinator
Marsh & McLennan Companies
Senior Counsel, Dir. Legal Expense Control
Director of eDiscovery
National Leader, Analytic & Forensic Technology Services
Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
Courtney Ingraffia Barton
Esq., Vice President, Industry Relations
LexisNexis Applied Discovery
Assistant General Counsel, Guidance Software
Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services
Ernst & Young
If you are not yet ready to register, feel free to request a reminder nearer the time .
[ Register Now]
· [ Next: Conference Day One: Thursday, February 28, 2008 ]